City of Hunchun, China
- Hunchun City is adjacent to the Tumen River Estuary Russia, North Korea and has been designated as a marginally open city including harbor development and UNDP, and is actively developing foreign capital attraction. Hunchun City is formed by 800m ~ 900m mountainous area and flat plain stretching out from the Baekdu Mountains.
Underground resources and forest resources are abundant, agriculture and animal husbandry are very active, and has established an alliance with Pohang City on 1995.05.15.
- Population280 thousand people
- Area5,120 ㎢
City of Zhangjiagang, China
- Zhangjiagang City is actively engaged in investment attraction activities as a new harbor industrial city which is located at the southern end of the Yangtze River. Zhangjiagang City is the first city in the Jiangsu Province to install cutting-edge automation systems in the harbor and major resources include steel, textile, oil painting, shoemakers and automobile parts.
Zhangjiagang City Has established an alliance with Pohang City at 2009.07.26 and have been continuing to exchange since.
- Population905 thousand people
- Area999 ㎢
- Website http://www.zjg.gov.cn
City of Fukuyama, Japan
- Fukuyama City, located in the southeast part of Hiroshima Prefecture, is a city developed around Fukuyama Castle.
Fukuyama City is an industrial city with NKK Steel Works, a world-class steel mill and a developed fihsery industry city which us, Pohang City have established an alliance with at 1979.01.19.
- Population460 thousand people
- Area430 ㎢
City of Joetsu, Japan
- Joetsu City is the key location of land•sea transportation in Japan, being able to connect with Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka, the three major cities in Japan. Joetsu is a beautiful city where you can feel the rich nature, history, tradition and culture through the harmony of sea, mountain and land.
Joetsu City has established an alliance with us, Pohang City at 1996.04.29.
- Population210 thousand people
- Area973 ㎢
City of Pittsburg, California. USA
- Pittsburg is an industrial suburb city in Contra Costa County, California. It is located on the southern shore of the Suisun Bay in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, and is part of the Sacramento–San Joaquin River Delta area. The POSCO and US Steel worked together equally, establishing the joint venture USS-POSCO Industries (UPI) in 1986 which as a result, led us to having a sister city relationship with the City of Pittsburgh at July. 24. 1987.
- Area49 ㎢
City of Dresden, Germany
- Dresden is Germany’s fourth-largest city after Berlin, Hamburg and Cologne. Dresden is considered a city of art and culture, but it is also an important technology hub. A network of research, science and culture has been established in the city, with a total of nine colleges and universities.
Dresden City has established an alliance with us, Pohang City at Apr. 14. 2009. and set up a friendly city relationship at Aug. 29. 2016.
- Population551,072 (2017.12.31.)
- Area328.8 ㎢
City of Vladivostok, Russia
- Located in the Far East of Russia, Vladivostok is the center of economy, trade, transportation, education, science and culture, and is the starting point for the Trans-Siberian Railway Network and the Vladivostok-Khabarovsk Highway.
City of Vladivostok has established an alliance with us, Pohang City at 2015.05.13.
- Population600 thousand people
- Area600 ㎢