Official bird of the City – Seagull
- This bird portrays the image of a seaside city, and it is one of the Pohang′s eight famous sceneries, symbolizing the great love for the city.
- Their tendency to live in groups, represents the diligence, industriousness and unity of the citizens, and the progressive civil spirit,
- They embody the strong will and grand ideals of the citizens, who live in the vast expanse of the ocean filled with wild waves.
They are always clean and dignified, leaving us with the feeling of affection towards them.
Official flower of the City – Rose
- Rose is a perennial plant which symbolizes passionate love and beauty.
- Its beauty and fragrance embodies love and it represents the wish that the citizens will be generous and giving.
- It depicts the passion of the citizens, that is just like the red-hot burning furnace of a steel city leaping towards the global stage.
Official tree of the City – Black Pine Tree
- It is an evergreen needle-leaf tree, which grows by the seaside, hence the name beach pine tree. It is also known as black pine and is a local plant found throughout the East Sea coast.
- It is an evergreen, maintaining its greenness and freshness for thousands of years while overcoming any hard rain, wind, and storm the nature might present, hence symbolizing the adamant endurance and bravery of the citizens.
- It lives for more than 300 years and has a magnificent appearance and masculine beauty compared to regular pine trees. It is considered as a symbol of integrity and high principle, and is one of the oldest plant species on earth, hence symbolizing the eternal growth of our city.