Pohang International Fire & Light Festival
- It is an international fireworks festival held every year from late July to early August, sponsored by Pohang City, hosted by the Pohang Cultural Foundation and POSCO.
In 2004, POSCO, a steel company, started to display fireworks, symbolizing the image of fire, a symbol of Pohang's light and steelworks furnace. It has been selected as the representative cultural tourism festival of Korea for 7 consecutive years by exhibiting different kinds of attractions and art fireworks shows every time. Participating not only in Korea but also abroad, Spain and the United States participated in 2017. Over 100,000 fireworks were used in the international fireworks show, the representative program of the festival. During the 2017 festival, about 140,000 fireworks lit up the night sky of Pohang.
The main events include the Daily Music Fireworks Show, which are set to meet the movie OST with the international fireworks show, the Fireworks Busking Festival, and the Lights Parade. Other events include overseas cultural exchange performances, Yeongil Bay Watergun competition, street performances, fireworks festival photo zone, and Youngildae Sands Sledding.
In 2017, he presented the theme song 'Light of the Sun and the Moon', which was produced based on the story of Pohang's Yeon-o and Se-Onyeo.
- PlaceWhole area of Yeongildae Beach, Hyeongsangang Sports Park
- PeriodEnd of MAY ~ Beginning of JUNE every year
- ThemePohang's light, flies in the sky
- Program① Festivals, Opening/Closing Ceremony, Fireworks Busking Festival
② International fireworks show Saturday, JUNE 01, 21:00 / Hyeongsangang Sports Park / 60 minutes
- Organized byPohang City
- SponsorshipPohang Cultural Foundation, POSCO