Homigot Sunrise Festival
- From the afternoon of December 31 every year at the Homigot, where the sun rises first on the Korean Peninsula, the Humigot Korean Sunrise Festival, which is held for two days from January to the morning of the New Year started from the New Year back in 1999 and still running every year since.
The Sunrise Celebration of the Korean People is promoting Homigot in and out of the country through various issue events and other programs that are different from other sunrise events. Through this effort, 200 million tourists visit Homigot annually and contribute about 20 billion won and contribute greatly to the activation of the local economy.
- PlaceHomigot Tourist Site in Homigot-myeon, Nam-gu
- PeriodDecember 31 ~ January 1 every year
- ParticipantsAppromixately 200,000 people a year
- Organized byPohang City
- SponsorshipPohang Cultural Foundation